The blank page.
To some, a work in progress. To others, terrifying.
To still others, it means the writing is on the wall, saying it's time to locate a professional copywriter.
Is this you?
- You need written materials, but can’t find the time to get to them. You have a business to run, after all.
- You’ve tried producing my own copy, but the result was, shall we say, unconvincing.
- You sat and stared at a blank page or screen. And sat and stared. (For a very funny graph of the writing process by Discover magazine science writer Ed Yong, click here.)
- You just don’t like writing. As Pulitzer Prize-winning author William Styron once said, “Let’s face it. Writing is hell.” And word wizard Groucho Marx said, “ I think one of the greatest pleasures in the world is not writing. ”
- You don't have a skilled writer on staff.
- Your staff is already overbooked or on vacation. Deadlines loom.