The blank page. To some, a work in progress. To others, terrifying. To still others, it means the writing is on the wall, saying it's time to find a professional copywriter.
Is this you?
- I need written materials, but can’t find the time to get to them (I have a business to run, after all).
- I’ve tried creating my own copy, but the result was, shall we say, elusive.
- I sat and stared at a blank page or screen. And sat and stared. (For a very funny graph of the writing process by Discover magazine science writer Ed Yong, click here.)
- I just don’t like writing. As Pulitzer Prize-winning author William Styron once said, “Let’s face it. Writing is hell.” And word wizard Groucho Marx said, “ I think one of the greatest pleasures in the world is not writing. ”
- I don't have anyone on staff who is a skilled writer. Or my staff is already swamped, overbooked or on vacation.